Our doctors and staff will work to ensure that:
- You will be seen on the same day if you need to see a doctor urgently and within two weeks if a routine appointment is necessary.
- You will be seen within 30 minutes of a booked appointment or be given a reason for any delay.
- Your treatment will be fully explained to you.
- Your medical and personal records will stay strictly confidential.
- You will be listened to and treated courteously.
- You can ask to speak privately to the practice manager if you would like to make a suggestion or a complaint.
- You can speak directly to a doctor or nurse by prior arrangement with reception.
As a patient, you can help us if you:
- Only ask for an urgent appointment when you need one.
- Only ask for a home visit if you are unable to attend surgery for medical reasons. (Please phone before 10.30am if you need a home visit that day.)
- Be on time for your appointment and phone to cancel if you cannot attend.
- Tell your doctor if you are unhappy with your treatment.
- Tell us if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Treat the doctors and staff courteously.
- Read the practice booklet as this will help you to get the best from the services we offer.
- Remember that a doctor will be busy during surgery hours and may not be able to take your phone call immediately; however, your call will be returned after surgery has finished. Urgent calls will of course be dealt with immediately.